2. Harsh Ingredients Be careful while choosing your exfoliating product. If you see that it contains any harsh ingredients, you should definitely look for another one. Otherwise exfoliation will turn out to be a great problem for you. People with dry, oily and sensitive skin should avoid harsh chemicals by all means. One way or another, those small parts will hurt your skin. So, I would advise you to give preference to gentle and natural ingredients. You can be sure they also work.
3. You Exfoliate Too Much Most women try to exfoliate too much as they think it will be more efficient for their skin. However, they are completely mistaken. Those people who tend to use exfoliation product almost every day should understand that their skin is subjected to damage. If you overdo it, you may be disappointed with the final results. Do you know that frequent exfoliations can lead your skin to drying out? Surely, you should give it some time to balance. It is wisely to peel your skin no more than once or maximum twice a week. Keep to this rule and you’ll be amazed with the perfect look of your skin.
4. Not Moisturizing AfterwardIt is necessary to pay much attention to your skin when you finish exfoliating. I think that nothing can be better than moisturizing it afterwards. Those who skip this stage of skin care usually suffer from numerous irritations. Besides, their skin may look even worse than before. To reach the best result, try to choose a moisturizer according to the type of your skin. Don’t forget that it should be applied on your face within a few minutes after taking shower. It will be easier for your pores to absorb the moisture. By doing this you will never have any irritation on your skin.
5. You Scrub Only Your Face Why do we scrub our skin? The main reason is that we have to remove dirt, dead skin cells and debris from our face. Though, it is not the only area of our body which should be exfoliated. Such parts as chest, neck, elbows and knees also need your special care. They will look magnificent after you peel them. Make it a rule to do that one or two times in a week and you will feel all the benefits of exfoliation on your skin. Today a great deal of tools and scrubs are available for you at the stores and supermarkets. While choosing them you should bear in mind that the same tools can’t be used for different parts of body.
6. Over-Scrubbing One of the biggest exfoliation mistakes that you should avoid is over-scrubbing. By trying to scrub your skin excessively you will hurt it greatly. Only by exfoliating your skin gently you can make it healthy and radiant. That is the basic rule you should stick to. I should admit it is meaningless to scour your face or other areas of your body. Perhaps now you can’t see any difference but some time later the effects will be obvious. To protect yourself from the negative impact of over-scrubbing you’d better not use any tools unless your fingertips.
7. Overkill There are some women who often fail to benefit from exfoliation. It happens so because they choose the wrong time for this routine. If you have any kind of irritation on your skin, exfoliation is not the most suitable treatment for your skin. It can be extremely painful and even complicate the problem. All the things you do to your skin after exfoliating it also matter. You need to wait a few days and only then some facial mask or waxing can be used.
Try to include exfoliation into the list of your skin care routines and you will see how beneficial it can be for you. Just do your best not to make the mistakes mentioned above. Remember that moisturizing is the most important thing to do after you finish exfoliating.